One of the mandates of Starter StackGen is Max Interop
Max Interop: to enable and encourage interoperability with as many external systems as possible.
Because of this requirement, Starter StackGen is designed for extensibility and enhancement in every practical way.
The following non-exhaustive list of ways that you can extend Starter StackGen or integrate it into existing stacks:
- Generate standalone Microservices to provide specific functionality for web and mobile apps
- Generate Java Data Objects and matching MySQL Database for a desktop or server based applications
- PRO Generate and launch a cluster of inter-related Microservices as well as a Management Console to
- Build a custom React component that is bound to a generated REST endpoint and embed in existing applications
- PRO Generate, deploy, and launch a complete full-stack ReactJS/React Native app with a clustered fault tolerant AWS Cloud Spring Boot backend, replicated, fault tolerant RDS/Aurora Database and encrypted SecureField encryption to protect customer private information
Logic and Data Domains can be "Merged" into large APIs
Domains in Starter StackGen terminology refers to the scope of a functional area or field. In the case of Plugins and extending the capabilities of your APIs with existing Schemas, Data Models, and Logic, a Domain means the Plugin and the area of concern that the Plugin provides functionality for.
For example: the "eCommerce" domain includes all functionality related to purchasing items and services online, payments, shopping cart, customer self-service and logic for various workflows: request order refund, returns, downloads and unlocks, etc.
So to build a full eCommerce app, you would need the plugin for the "eCommerce" domain, which would in turn install any missing required base plugins such as:
- "StarterStackGen" : User and ACL, Groups, Preferences
- "StarterConnect" : email, SMS and feeds/subs, GitHub
- "StarterSocialConnect" : Facebook, Twitter, Slack, BitBucket (optional)
- "StarterWorkflows" : Coming Soon (optional)
Generated apps are built ready to deploy on all major cloud platforms, production servers, development and testing environments without modification.
Regenerate Early, Regenerate Often